We love Melbourne. Not only is it an ever-evolving cultural hot spot, it’s the gateway to our coastal headquaters and home to EMU Australia brand ambassador Elyse Knowles.
Discover Spring in Melbourne with our brand ambassador Elyse Knowles as she explores Melbourne in our new SS17 campaign. Recently launching in the northern hemisphere, exotic prints, tropical textures and bursts of colours are showcased throughout EMU Australia’s SS17 collection.
Check out the Elyse’s recap, published originally on her blog.
Home sweet home, with EMU Australia
Melbourne is the place I call home sweet home! I was brought up here & I’ve lived here my whole life. Whenever & wherever I go overseas, I always remind myself just how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful country … and in one of the worlds most liveable countries. Beautiful Melbourne!
There are endless amounts of activities to do here! And I have some examples on film to show you, thanks to the EMU Australia team who captured some epic moments while shooting the latest campaign. The footage below shows you how EMU’s incredibly comfy range can get you from point A to Point B … in style!
If you are not local to Melbourne below are some of my top spots! A mix of ideas for fun outings & a few of my personal favourite eating spots!
- Head to the Murray River for some an amazing camping trip! (Torrumbarry near Echuca is where I love to go )
- Port Melbourne Beach is a great beach to take your dog for a run & one of the best spots to swim
- Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads are beautiful little coastal towns. We love going to the beach to surf or just chill out. You can camp or stay in a Caravan park… great lil Aussie get a way!
- Some of our favourite dinner spots: Vegie Bar, Chin Chin and Hawker Hall. Don’t be put off by lines in Melbourne! They’re never as long as they tell you. Just pop your name & number down, go for a wander or have a drink & before you know it your table is ready!
- Favourite cafes for breaky, brunch & lunch: No.19, Lux Foundry, St Rose, Tinker, Barrys, Short Round. Check them all out online & Instagram… yum!
- The Grand Prix is definitely on my list every year in Melbourne! It’s such a thrilling experience
- The Australian Open is always a winner. Even if you’re not a huge tennis fan, you will be after going! The atmosphere is brilliant, the whole of Melbourne comes alive! If you’re coming from somewhere else, book your flights early!
- Make sure you get to a footy game! The MCG and Etihad are awesome for AFL games, but the local footy is still a great experience! Rug up, it can get chilly!
- I love exercising & keeping super active outdoors. Gyms, pilates studios and boxing rings are great but make sure to mix it up with a bush walk or a hike! Head up to 1000 steps in the Dandenong’s for a killer leg workout & a stunning view.
- Go for a push bike ride around St Kilda on a beautiful day! Great cafes & restaurants & the BEST people watching!
The vibe of Melbourne is very special. It celebrates diversity & it’s layered with different cultures & people from all walks of life. It’s impossible to feel bored here! The city has gained a reputation as the “cultural and sporting capital” of Australia for a reason! We accept everyone & we celebrate their talents … it’s one big old happy family! Come and say hello!!
Thank you EMU Australia for reminding me just how much I adore home. It was a great shoot! Head to EMU’s online store to treat yourself with a new pair of shoes!